Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Training Bra

When I was eleven, my mother bought me an apparatus called a 'training bra.' I was supposed to wear it next to my body under my blouse or t-shirt.

Now I had not developed yet, and had not as yet begun to experience the anxiety as to when or even if it would happen. Therefore, it seemed to be an unnecessary and uncomfortable garment, once the novelty and big-girl aspect of it wore off. I expressed resistance; and it required maternal firmness, I'm ashamed to say.

Soon I had more reason, and required a more serviceable bra. But, again, my assets until my high school graduation were rather modest. I got by.

I'll spare you the details, but now I have a reason to wear a bra. But I reflect on the concept of the training bra:

a) What do they receive training in?

b) Who evaluates this training in Tennessee?

c) Is the training program that they receive accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools?

d) What if it loses accreditation? Do I have to get another one for retraining?

No comments:

Post a Comment